How to Budget w/ ledger sheets in Microsoft Excel: Mac 2008
Don't want to shell out the big bucks for some fancy, expensive budgeting software? Well, if you have Excel 2008 for Mac installed, you can manage your budget right there. Personal financing doesn't get easier than this— even business finances are easy to keep track of. The Microsoft Office for Mac team shows you just how to manage your finances with pre-formatted Ledger Sheets in this how-to video.
A ledger sheet is a pre-formatted Excel sheet designed for a specific scenario. For example, there is a ledger sheet to balance your checkbook and one to create an expense report. Each ledger sheet contains all of the appropriate formulas and columns – you just add your data.
After watching this video, you'll be able to:
* Use the new Elements Gallery to select and insert the appropriate ledger sheet.
* Add transactions to a ledger sheet.
* Categorize, sort, and filter transactions.
* Change the grid style and row height.
* Move, insert, and delete ledger sheet columns.