This video shows the method to find the variance and standard deviation using Excel. The variance shows the variability of the data points from the median. We find the difference of the median and the mean. We write the formula using '=' sign. The median and data points are put in it by selecting the appropriate cell. The median is made an absolute constant by pressing the F4 key. This is squared by using '^2'. This is multiplied to the frequency using '*'. The result is found for all the data points by double clicking on the bottom right corner of the cell. The sum of all the results is found by the 'sum' function. This is divided by the total number of data points. Hence, the variance is found. The standard deviation is found by finding the square root of the variance using the 'squirt' function.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades