In this software video tutorial you will learn how to create drop down menus in Excel using Data Validation. This example will show you how to display a list of parts in a drop down menu. Create the list of parts somewhere in your worksheet. Then in the cell underneath the one where you want to display the parts, go to the data validation window and enter the data. For this select the cell and then press 'Alt + D + L' to bring up the data validation box. Here you click on 'settings' and select 'list' under the 'allow' drop down menu. Make sure 'in cell dropdown' box is checked. Then click in the 'source' box, select the parts list you created earlier and hit enter. Then click OK in the data validation box. Now you will get a drop down arrow next to the cell, click on it and check out your drop down menu.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades