In this tutorial, we learn how to link two workbooks and cells in Excel. First, save both of the files that you want to link together. Make sure you only have one Excel window open, then double click the other Excel file, don't open separately. Next, type in the equals sign into the "A" column, then to go the window menu and you will be able to see all the Excel files currently open. Now, click "link" and you will be taken back to the original worksheet. Now, you will be linked to the other notebook. You can see this by looking in the formula bar.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades