In this tutorial, we learn how to lock and unlock cells in Excel. First, right click one cell and click on format cells. Go to the protection cell, and then un-check the locked category. Click ok, then go to protect sheet, inside of tools. Now, do now allow locked cells to be checked. Now, you will not be able to select cells in the worksheet except cells that are unlocked. This is a great way to protect your information, so it won't accidentally get deleted or ruined. You can do this for entire columns, or just one small area. Make sure to save your work when you are finished, then unlock if you want to edit!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades