Ever have the problem of people messing with your word documents? This guy shows you the solution by telling you how to create password protected encrypted word documents. The process starts with your open file. Clicking on save as... and in the popup window clicking the tools button in the bottom left corner and clicking general options. There it shows you text entry boxes, one for setting a password to open the file, another to set a password for rights to modify the file. Enter your password into either slot, then choose to make it read only, which is recommended, by the checkbox under the text entry boxes then click OK and reenter your password. Save the document and it's protected.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades