When you're using MS Word you should be able to see a large Microsoft office icon in the top-left icon. Clicking it opens up a menu where you should be able to see the save button. Pressing this button will save your work or overwrite a previous copy. If you press 'save as' instead, you will have the option to change what format the file is saved as and what name it is saved under so as not to overwrite the existing copy. When you've decided on the name and format and where to save, just press save to save your work.
If you press the office button again, you'll also see the open button. If you press it a similar window of your computer's hierarchy will open where you can search for the document you want to open. All text formats will be visible in this window.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades