In Word 2007 a lot of things have been changed since word 2003. For instance the file menu is no longer present, it has been replaced by a glowing yellow button which is the office button. If you click on this button, a menu will pop up. In this menu click the save button. It'll give you the option to save your document with a docx extension. The problem with this is that a file with this kind of extension does not open in anything but Word 2007. Instead go into save as and save it as a word 97-2003 document. In case you want to make this change permanent, go back into the office button then into word options, here click on the save tab and change the save file format from docx to word 97-2003. Now it will always save this way by default.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades