To sort data in Excel spreadsheets, have each category (for example, first and last names) in a single column. Click on any cell in the column you wish to sort. Be careful not to highlight the entire column, or results will be sorted only in that column. Click on DATA on the ribbon at the top. To sort in descending order, click on the z-a button. For more detail, click on the main SORT button, and you can specify which columns you want sorted and how. For instance, you can sort by descending numerical order on your main data column and by ascending alphabetical order on a second column. Set up your main column using the drop-down boxes, then click on add a level to set up the second column again using the drop-down boxes as you need. A third column can also be set up if needed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades