In this Software video tutorial you will learn how to use the filter & sort feature in Excel. First create a column chart on an excel sheet. In this example, it is a date and sales chart. Click alt+F1 and the chart is displayed. Then click and delete the legend and the horizontal lines. Now go back to the data set, click on a cell and click ctrl+shift+L and that will add the auto filter. ctrl+shift+L is for Excel 07. For earlier versions, see the commands listed in the video. This is a toggle. Now, to filter this, say you want to see the top five. Before that go to format > size > properties > don‚Äôt move or size with cells> close. Now click on ‚Äòsales‚Äô > number filters > top 10. Here you select top 5 and click OK. The video then shows you how to remove the unwanted dates and keep only the 5 required dates and how to change colors. Now to sort as per highest to lowest sales, right click on a sales cell > sort > ZtoA largest to smallest. And the data table and the chart are sorted.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades