New to Excel? Looking for a tip? How about a tip so mind-blowingly useful as to qualify as a magic trick? You're in luck. In this Excel tutorial from ExcelIsFun, the 237th installment in their series of digital spreadsheet magic tricks, you'll learn how to
use the MROUND, CEILING, FLOOR, ROUND, ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN functions to round numbers exactly how you'd like. See how to round to a specific digit or to a specified amount or multiple.
The ROUND function follows the standard rounding rules and rounds to a specified digit. The ROUNDUP function always rounds up to a specified digit. The ROUNDDOWN function always rounds down to a specified digit.
The MROUND function follows the standard rounding rules and rounds to a specified amount (multiple).
If you are using Excel 2003 you must add the analysis toolpak to get the MROUND function (2007 has it). To add this, go to Tools, Addins, and check the Analysis Toolpak.
The CEILING function always rounds up to a specified amount. The FLOOR function always rounds down to a specified amount.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades