New to Microsoft Excel? Looking for a tip? How about a tip so mind-blowingly useful as to qualify as a magic trick? You're in luck. In this MS Excel tutorial from ExcelIsFun and Mr. Excel, the 627th installment in their joint series of digital spreadsheet magic tricks, you'll learn how to create, edit and otherwise work with FREQUENCY array functions.
This video addresses each of the following topics:
1. The basics of FREQUENCY functions.
2. How to create a Vertical Frequency Distribution.
3. How to create a Horizontal Frequency Distribution.
4. How to count unique numbers in a column
5. How to count unique numbers in column with criteria in a second column
6. How to count unique items in a column (numbers or text).
7. How to count unique items in a column that have blank cells.
8. How to count unique items in a column including items with asterisks and that have blank cells.
9. How to count unique items (numbers or text) in column with criteria in a second column.
10. How to extract a Unique List of Items from a column with a formula.
11. How to extract a Unique List of Items from a row with a formula that requires the use of the TRANSPOSE function (because the FREQUENCY function returns a vertical array and not a horizontal array).
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.