Whether you're interested in learning Microsoft Excel from the bottom up or just looking to pick up a few tips and tricks, you've come to the right place. In this tutorial from everyone's favorite digital spreadsheet guru, ExcelIsFun, the 45th installment in his "Highline Excel Class" series of free video Excel lessons, you'll learn how to use the INDEX & MATCH functions.
Specifically, this tutorial covers the following topics:
1. Use INDEX, MATCH and SUMPRODUCT to retrieve a whole column of values and add them
2. Use INDEX, MATCH and SUMPRODUCT to retrieve a whole row of values and add them
3. Use INDEX to flip (invert) a range 180 degrees
4. Use INDEX and INT and RAND to randomly select a name
5. Use INDEX & MRAND to randomly select a name, no repeats
6. Use INDEX, MIN & MATCH to find vendor name with low bid
7. Use INDEX, MAX & MATCH to find student with max score
8. Use INDEX & MATCH to find how much to get to next bracket
9. Use INDEX, MOD to show every 10th value
10. Use INDEX, SMALL, IF, ROW, ROWS to extract records
11. Use Lookup to retrieve the last value and use INDEX & MATCH to find first non-blank
12. Use INDEX and MATCH to retrieve a cell reference (as opposed to a value)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.