New to Excel? Looking for a tip? How about a tip so mind-blowingly advanced as to qualify as a magic trick? You're in luck. In this Excel tutorial from ExcelIsFun, the 473rd installment in their series of digital spreadsheet magic tricks, you'll learn how to extract a unique list from a group of individual rows.
Specifically, you'll find instructions on how to do each of the following:
1. Extract a unique list of records with a formula and display the results in a column using the IF, ROWS, INDEX, SMALL, FREQUENCY, MATCH, ROW, SUMPRODUCT and COUNTIF functions.
2. Extract a unique list of numbers only with a formula and display in a column with the extra function ISNUMBER.
3. Extract a unique list of words only with a formula and display in a column with the extra function ISTEXT.
4. Extract a unique list of records with a formula and display in a row (requires the additional function TRANSPOSE to deal with the fact that the FREQUENCY function delivers a vertical array and we need to have it orientated horizontally (in a row).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades