This video demonstrates how to create collapsible and expandable cell ranges in Excel. The first thing that you will have to is to prepare your Excel worksheet that contains the data which you need to be expandable and collapsible. On the first cell under your Running Total column, type in the function, "=SUM". Select the Sales cell corresponding to that cell then type in Shift+Colon. Click on the first value and hit the F4 key to lock your row reference. The result will automatically show. You can then double click and drag it to the rest of the cells to apply the same function.
In the collapsible table, type in "=SUM" on the first Index cell. Highlight the entire Sales column. Click on the second value and hit the F4 key to lock your reference row. Divide the function with the last cell on the Sales column then hit Ctrl+Enter. The results will automatically show. You can now copy the function to the remaining cells.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades