Teach Excel demonstrates how to change the columns from letters to numbers in Excel 2007. The first step is to click on the Office button in the top left part of the window. Next, you click on Excel Options and click on the Formulas tab. There should be a heading labeled "Working with Formulas." The checkbox for R1C1 reference style should be unchecked by default. Check that box and click OK. This changes the column headers from letters to numbers. In order to change back to letters, simply go back to Excel Options window and click the Formulas tab. Unchecking the R1C1 reference style box will bring the columns back to normal.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades