ShowMeAcademy.com shows how to sort data in Excel 2007. Excel has many options for sorting data according to any given column. To sort your data, right click on a cell in the column that you want to sort by. A menu comes up where you will see the ‚ÄúSort‚Äù option. Hold your mouse over ‚ÄúSort‚Äù and another menu comes up showing the different ways to sort. For example, if you select ‚ÄúSort Smallest to Largest‚Äù it will take all the data and sort it from the row that has the lowest figure up to the row that has the largest figure. It includes all the data in the associated columns and sorts that as well. It can also use that data to sort either numerically or alphabetically.
You also have the option to ‚ÄúPut Selected Cell Color on Top‚Äù. It will then sort so that all the rows with the same color as the selected cell in that column are placed at the top. You can do the same thing with text color.
‚ÄúCustom Sort‚Äù lets you add more detail to the way you sort the columns, according to values that you select. You can choose to sort by case sensitive, or left to right rather than top to bottom.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades